What Is MyWeldingLab?
It's where learning and Welding principles intersect!
MyWeldingLab is a web-based tutorial and assessment program that provides flexibility for instructors and concept practice and reinforcement for students. It is designed to be used as a supplement to a traditional lecture course, or to completely administer an online course. MyWeldingLab gives you and your students access to a wealth of resources all geared to meet the individual teaching and learning needs of every instructor and every student.
MyWeldingLab features an eText, video, interactive animations, practice tests, troubleshooting simulations, simulations through the "Interactive Setup Simulator," and more.
Features and Benefits
Students can explore important concepts by watching relevant video clips, viewing animations of important data, and performing other hands-on activities.
- Self-Assessment: Instructors need to regularly assess whether students understand the material and concepts in their textbook. MyWeldingLab allows students to test themselves and aggregate class reports help instructors know what content their class has mastered and where they are still struggling.
- Customized Study Plan: Generated by self-assessments, MyWeldingLab produces customized study plans for students and addresses different learning styles while helping students to study independently. It identifies areas of weakness and strength to focus students' attention and efforts where they are needed the most.
- A wealth of instructor support material simplifies and enriches the teaching experience. MyWeldingLab gives you access to text-specific materials including instructor's manuals, test banks, and PowerPoint presentations. Having all of these resources in one place makes preparing for class quick and easy.
- Welding Interactive Setup Simulator: A series of unique gaming simulations that provide students with the interactive lab experience they need in a safe learning environment.
- Instructor's Customizable Welding Lab Manual: This online resource allows instructors to develop custom labs for their students based on the equipment and consumables they have and the parameters they want to assign.
- Course-management tools that are rich and flexible make it easy for instructors to deliver all or a portion of your course online. Key elements include:
- A course calendar and the ability to post announcements or email students allows for effective and efficient communication.
- Create, import, and manage online homework assignments, quizzes, and tests that are automatically graded, allowing you to spend less time grading and more time teaching.
- You can manage multiple class sections and let other instructors copy your course, enabling you to maintain standardized delivery across your department. If you want to use the same course next semester, you can copy your existing course and preserve all your customizations.